Thursday, June 11, 2009

I was counting down the time I had left in that class,
mandatory Civics class for all sophomores.
I couldn’t stand the morning silence anymore.
“What are the five rights? Name one! This will be on the test next week.”
I was the first one, who raised her hand high up,
I guess it’s the Mountain Dew that pumped me up.
“Freedom of Speech!”
Three years went by in a blink of an eye,
I wonder if it has turned into a lie,
when people persecute you for what you say,
I can’t help but think of Jesus in His days.

California girl, California girl,
Is your world a twirl?
Carrie Prejean,
the queen of the sunshine land,
One honest opinion’s cost you more than you ever imagined,
But to me, you’ve become a legend.
Lost two crowns,
The media wants to bring you down.
“Freedom of Speech!”
The memory is still clear,
and I know you answered without fear.
You boo at what she said,
but you’re just a fool and that is sad.
You’ve forgotten,
what is important.
Prop 8 failed,
and rainbow supporters think they can prevail,
by telling us the Freedom of Speech does not exist,
when they persist,
to marry whoever they want,
and ignore “we can say what we want”.
You don’t like Adam and Eve,
and I don’t need you to believe,
but can you stop being so naïve?
George Washington shed a tear,
because he couldn’t bear,
what he used to pride,
is going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment